Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Toddler Testing

Parson is now 14 1/2 months to be exact. Like I said in my previous post, he is getting so smart...almost to smart for his own britches.  So instead of complaining I started laughing at some of the things that Parson has been doing:

I put him down for his afternoon nap...he seemed like he was going to drift to sleep no problem like most days. I walk down stairs to research how to fix a broken wooden spool in our banister. What do I hear...not crying..not singing...nope....Parson jumping up and down in his crib. What came to mind? Not anger, not impatience...but the song "No more monkeys jumping on the bed"

We were playing outside and Parson let go of my head and took off running...which of course makes a Mommy's heart skip a beat. Then he came to a dead halt, leaned over and started laughing. I get to where he is at and try to figure out what is so funny...a snail. That's right and innocent little snail that decided to stick to our front door was a source of a lot of entertainment. Mind you, the snail was stationary, not even moving.

Parson has finally cut his bottom eye teeth just in time for his top ones to start. Because of this he has been beyond fussy. Today I was washing dishes and he was climbing at my legs saying "up up mama" at first I just said "one moment baby, Mommy needs to finish" he kept saying over and over again. Finally I looked down and his little fingers were in his mouth and I knew his teeth were hurting him. I grabbed a teething cookie and my sweet boy and I snuggled and watched Sesame Street.



So instead of being impatient...I was patient (as best as I could be) I think Parson and I both enjoyed the day a little more :)

Love, 

Patty





No comments: