Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Childs Play

I decided a long time ago that I was going to do my best to remain Parsons Mom aka Parent and not try to be his best friend. Though me being his best friend rather than parent may have its perks, I have watched that scenario not work on a few different occasions. Anywho...while trying to be a "parent" and guiding Parson into good behavior while learning to speak, understand his emotions, and become a healthy 15 month old, we try to have a little fun around here. Lately...fun has equaled messy...


Parson LOVES playing with toilet paper, instead of just saying "No No Parson" every time we were in the bathroom. I decided that I would give him a roll to play with in the loft. He had a BLAST and giggled non stop. Though it was kind of a pain to pick up all the paper bits...I don't regret letting him play with it at all. A perk to this...he dose not want to play with it in the bathroom anymore. 


I got an email last week saying an easy way to entertain a toddler is a few small containers of water and dish soap. The email also said, "if your worried about a mess, lay a SMALL drop cloth" Well as you can see here...I had two blankets and two bath towels...which I thought was bigger than  a "small drop cloth" Again Parson had a blast. Water was every were... cupboards, oven, microwave, stove, floor, table, high chair, himself, and I. I almost regretted this one while I was cleaning up...but the giggles and smiles made it all worth it. 

Have fun, make messes, and most of all make memories...the clean up is worth it.

Love, 

Patty



No comments: