Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hokie pete...I made a diaper!

That's right you heard me...I made a prefold diaper cover! I made it from PLU (waterproof) fabric so this will replace my Bummies whisper pants (well one pair at least) which are just plain old fashioned plastic pants! I got the pattern from the Dana Made Blog.

Don't look to close...this is only the third thing I have ever sewn, so my details are rough. The first two things were a pillow case and a bean bag :/  so I don't think that was sewing at its finest. 


I went to Joann Fabrics to pick up fabric for a bibs, receiving blankets and burp cloths. I know to ladies who are expecting little girls, so this Mamma to a boy had a blast picking out all sorts of girly fabrics! While drooling over all the cute girl (and boy) stuff, I came across a section all for cloth diapers! That's right you heard me right again, Joann Fabrics has a specific section for crazy Mamas like me who want to make (er try) their cloth diapers to save a penny or two. 


Here is a picture of one kind of super cute girly fabric that I bought for my lady friends who are going to have daughters :)  






Isn't it so stinking cute....don't judge me if I make a diaper cover with blue flowers for Parson. Just kidding, but seriously...we are going to be in trouble if we have a girl next. :s


Love, 


Patty

No comments: