Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Me

Today I realized I needed to make a run to the grocery store. This of course has two outcomes:

1.) I take Parson with me and hope that there are no meltdowns and run through the store hoping I don't forget something

or

2.) I go after Parson is in bed and enjoy a decaf skinny vanilla latte

I think you know that I chose option 2.

So we did just that. We bathed Parson, read him his two stories, and said our prayers. Then I ran down stairs to change my tank top that had who knows what from the day on it. I brushed my hair for...dare I admit the first time since it had been dried, re applied deodorant and applied vasaline on my lips. As I did this, I glanced at my reflection. I grabbed my license, debit card, coupons, phone and put them in the pocket of my shorts. That's right you heard me...no purse or bag.

As I was driving to Kroger thinking about how I was going to reward myself with said decaf vanilla skinny latte. I got to thinking about my get out the door routine went. This made me think of my getting ready routine in the morning and realizing how different my opinion of "decent to go out in public" had changed.

Before I was pregnant/gave birth it took me about an hour to get ready. I would shower, shave, blow dry my hair, curl my hair, and do my makeup. Then of course try on about 12 different outfits and then pick accessories. Then spritz perfume.

After giving birth it takes about 30 min for me to get ready, including a shower and shave! I then grab something that is modest, comfortable, and toddler friendly. Brush my wet hair so it can air dry, brush on translucent powder, mascara, and lip balm. On a good day you will get eyeliner and a splash of vanilla body spray.

Do I think I look much different...maybe. Am I sorry that I am not "in style" or "made up"...nope. Am I presentable and do the two men that matter most in my life approve...yep.

So there ya have it. If you see me in the store or at the park and my hair is wet, I am not made up and I am wearing clothes from 2002, I don't mind and neither does my family...because we are happy.

I think maybe we should all take a look at how we spend our tiem and see if the line up with the verse below;


1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Love, 

Patty




No comments: