Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

We're back in the peach state

That's right...we are back in the peach state. We got back to our Georgia home yesterday around 3pm. Parson was a trooper! He is such a great little traveler. We are so thankful that we have such an adaptable little guy.

We had so much fun and enjoyed our families so much I cant even use words to explain. I forgot how much I loved the quaint town, old homes, the lake, and most of all family. When you are away from your family, you learn to function without their immediate support. You learn to rely on those close to you and the Lord. You find some sort of strength to push through the trails.

We were home for three weeks. In those three weeks we experiences what it would be like (almost) living back in Michigan near our family. Lunches together after church, play dates at the park, support, and a break for this Mommy. There is still family drama and those little things that bug you once you are near again, but that is all such a small price to pay.

My Dad is working part time now, this was a huge blessing. He and my Mom got to spend alot of time with Parson. My Dad even babysit for about an hour and he did great! Parson loves his "Bamp-pa" and "Maah-muh" Parson and my Dad loved to play in the pool togeather and Parson loved to run into my parents bedroom and greet his Grandma with a good morning kiss.

Aaron's Mom took Parson for two separate days, all day while we were in Michigan. She and Parson have a special little bond. They came down when Parson was born and she took the first two night shifts, so they did lots of snuggling the first few days of his life. I promise that Parson remembers her so well because of it.

I got to have girl time with my closest girl cousin. We thrift shopped and ate candy like we were little girls again.

My sister in law made dinner one night so Parson and his cousin Charlie could play. The boys were precious and we had such a great time enjoying my brothers, sisters in law and my parents.

We went on a double date with Aarons younger brother and his girlfriend Sarah. We enjoyed dinner, the beach, sunset and ice cream. Not to mention many many laughs.

Even though if we ever did move back to Michigan, all those things are not always going to happen. Its not always going to be fun and games. But we would be surrounded by those who loved us, who cared for us, who would do anything for us...and we would do the same thing for them.

Driving home was hard for me. I did not want to leave. I wanted to be irresponsible and leave it all behind as if GA never happened. This of course we could not do. Not only because we have a home and a cat, but because we have a GA family to. We have friends in GA that have served as our family for the past 4 years. We would miss them terribly to.

So here we are back in GA. Feeling a bit lonely. Relying on the Lord to show us whats next for our family. Weather its Michigan or some other state we are waiting on word from Him on what to do next.

- Patty