Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Two things...

Two exciting things have happened within the last 24 hours...one good and one that I am still getting used to.

The first one is about Parson. We had is 15 month baby well check appointment today. Yes, yes he is 16 months old and it is a month late. I was initially going to skip this appointment since I had pushed it back a month, but, after the long vacation and being near lots of germs I figured why not. We got there and the first thing I saw was that there was a Measles outbreak in Atlanta. Now the MMR vaccination that I was going to push till 18 months seemed unnecessary. Anyways, we get checked in and Parson is holding my hand walking down the hall way at the pediatrician. We get to the scale and he steps up.....37... that's right 37 stinking pounds! Now to make that number more "normal" he is 35 inches long. Which in case you were wondering is a tiny bit over 3 feet tall.

I was so afraid that the doctor was going to walk in and tell me that Parson was one of the millions of kids who was unhealthy. Instantly I started thinking about what and how much I fed him. Because I am "that Mom" I don't give Parson "junk" food at all, and if I do it is very little and he drinks 2% milk not skim and only twice a day from a sippy cup not a bottle. So now I am freaking out inside waiting and waiting for the doctor to come in and tell me that I am a terrible Mother and that my child needs a diet.

Dr. Carter walked in (who by the way I think is the best pediatrician on the planet) and I think read my mind. He looked down right after he said hello and said his BMI is perfectly healthy and he has been in the 99% precential since birth. He is consistent, proportionate, and healthy. FEW! Parson is perfect in every way shape and form including his ears. That is right folks, for the first time in almost a year Parson has NO fluid in his ears!!! This means the canals in his ears are growing and are curing the fluid problem naturally...no need for tubs in this little guy. Boy am I thankful that Dr. Carter and myself decided that a little fluid did not hurt Parson and that jumping to surgery was not necessary!! YAHOO!

Now about that second thing. We were in Michigan for 3 weeks. My car sat in our garage for 3 weeks. My car had some "health issues" that we knew were going to need to be fixed within the next 6 months or so. I got in my car to get some finger paint Parson hand prints laminated. I backed out of the garage and my breaks squeaked. I did not think anything of it because the breaks on this car were replaced the same week as my last day of work...so like 3 months ago. Nothing should be wrong with said breaks. I got to Office Max and turned into a parking spot. When I turned I heard a grinding noise of sorts. This is when I knew something was not right. I parked and got what I needed at Office Max. Target is right next door, so I stopped there to get envelopes (I know I should have gotten them at Office Max) Now said grinding noise was happening while I was just driving straight. I called Aaron and he said it was probably the U joint and the bearing...sweet. In my language that means...$$$.

The lack of $$$ means that we have one car right now. Which is totally manageable because Aaron works from home and I stay home most of the week. The problem...it is a manual car. I don't know how to drive manual cars. This means that in the very very near future, me, the blue car, and a parking lot are going to have some fun. Err learning time.

Aaron and I are praising the Lord for our sweet, healthy, tantrum throwing, growing, and thriving little(big) boy. Aaron and I are also praising the Lord for one healthy working car, which is a lot more than what most people in this world have.

I saw a quote on Pinterest today and I figured I would share it. I think this is something we all need to pray daily...

"Dear God, thanks for this beautiful life. Forgive me that I don't love it enough"

- Patty


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Patty, you can TOTALLY conquer a manual! Just take an afternoon (maybe you can get a friend to babysit?) and practice in a parking lot. Once you're able to stop and go, you're all set! (Though you should probably avoid hills for a while...).
xoxo
Lane