Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Day In The Life Of Me

When I was in college I thought it was hard...
When I got married I thought working and being a wife was hard....
When I stayed home with Parson I thought it was hard....
Then I started working full time while being a wife and mother.......

Here is what my day looks like Monday through Friday.

6-6:30am- I hear Parson on the monitor saying "Mom I am starving!" I (still half sleeping) go up stairs an am greeted with coo's, "maamaas", and little smiles. I nurse Parson.
7:00am- Change Parsons diaper, wash his face, and get him dressed
7:15am-We go down stairs and make breakfast. He has gluten free french toast sticks and fruit while Mommy has oatmeal and coffee.
7:30-While Parson is still in his highchair I finish getting things ready for work and daycare, lunches, pump parts, and take care of breakfast dishes.
7:45-8-Wake up Aaron so he can watch Parson while I get myself ready for work
8:20-Leave for daycare/work
9:00- Start work
10-10:30am- Pump break
10:45- Back to work
1-1:30pm- Pump Break
2:00- Quick eat lunch
2:30- Back to work
4-4:30- Pump Break
5:30- Leave work and pick up Parson
6:00-Get home, kiss my hubby and fix Parson and Aaron dinner
6:15/30- Eat...quickly
6:45/7:00- Aaron plays with Parson while I clean up dinner dishes
7:15- Bedtime routine. Bath, diaper, lotion, jammies, stories, prayer, and then Parson nurses and I rock him to sleep (I know, I know...I am terrible)
7:30-11pm-Wash diapers, laundry, finish cleaning kitchen, prepare bottles for the next day, pack our lunches, clean bottles/pump parts from that day, go to the gym, and shower.
11:15pm- Devotions and prayer with Aaron
12:00am- Sleep
2-3am-Parson wakes up hungry. I find my way up the stairs and nurse Parson trying very hard to not fall asleep in the rocking chair.
40min later- Realize I fell asleep in the rocking chair with Parson in my arms. Put him back in his crib and stumble back down the stairs and try to relish the next few hours of sleep before it all starts again.

That's my day, its hard, its exhausting, and I love it for what it is. I can dream how things would be different if I stayed home. That is not going to make my day raiser. So I have a glass of wine and relish in the little moments that make my day worth it.





Kisses from my hubby
Smiles from my son
Realizing that I was saved by grace by the biggest sacrifice ever made

Patty

1 comment:

Paola said...

Love that last sentence, well said. Sometimes we are so caught up on our own stuff that we forget what Jesus did for us.
Ps: Being us is hard! Lol