Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

In Sickness and In Health

"In sickness and in health" was a line in our wedding vows that we have been living out the past few days. We has some company over on Thursday evening, I had to work that day, and it was grocery shopping day. So we decided that we should just pick dinner up. I wanted to grab some Chinese food but our company was not familiar with our restaurant and he and Aaron decided that Taco Bell was a better choice. If you know me and Aaron we don't eat fast food often. Aaron and I both got Fresco tacos...NEVER again. By midnight Thursday night Aaron and I were both sick...very sick and unable to even keep water down. 

Aaron and I called into work the next day and I made a doctors appointment. I would not have been to worried about the bug since they run their course in 24-48 hours, but I am still breastfeeding. So the next morning Aaron brought Parson to daycare and I pumped for the first time that morning and to my surprise got 7 oz.  Still unable to keep food or let alone water down, I knew I was going to have production problems. Three hours later I only got 2 oz. 

I went to my doctors appointment at 2:15 to find out not to my surprise that I was super dehydrated. So they gave me two bags of fluid, a shot of Fenergran and a prescription for Zofran . Nearly 48 hours later we are MUCH better and almost back to normal. 

So even though our weekend has not been as all as we planned it would be, we are all now healthy and have been able to spend some family time together. 

So today I am so thankful for a healthy hubby and baby boy and especially for health insurance.

No worries that post on breastfeeding is coming soon. :)

Patty

No comments: