Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cloth Diaper Update

So I know you are all curious as to how the cloth diapering is going...it is going GREAT!

We have been using the cloth diapers for 5 days full time and we have only ever had one or two leaks. The reason for these leaks were not the diapers fault but the fault of my wiggly and mobile nearly 10 month old that sometimes makes me think diaper changes are an Olympic sport.

When I was researching this whole cloth diapering adventure I spoke to a few moms in my family who have done this from day one with their children. The thing I heard most was double at night and get a good was routine in order, so I did just that. I was concerned about daycare, working, washing, ect but it all has been great. Here is what my washing routine looks like:

Night before: Rinse, wash, double rinse liners and covers. Dry liners in dryer and hang dry covers. Once the liners have dried I lay them out for the next morning and stuff them in the covers once the covers are dry. I stuff the daytime diapers with a regular liner as well as a newborn liner because Parson is a heavy wetter. At night time I use two standard liners for EXTRA protection. I have never had a night time leak...even after 10-12 hours of sleep.

Morning of: Pack diapers and laundry wet bag in diaper bag and go!

Now I know what your thinking....dirty diapers. I was REALLY scared at the thought of dirty cloth diapers. To my surprise it is really easy. I just spray the diaper with the diaper spray in to the toilet, flush and toss the wet diaper into the wet bag. Daycare cannot spray or rinse the bm's out of the diapers so they just fold up and toss it in the wet bag. My diapers have not stained and always clean nice and easy since I wash them the same day.

SO EASY!

If you ever have thought about giving cloth diapers a chance...don't fear it is one of the best decisions we have made!

My next post will be on breastfeeding...this could stir up some good discussion.

Patty

No comments: