Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Uh oh...7 pounds!

When I worked...it was very easy for me to monitor what I ate. Mostly because I did not have time to leave my desk so I had to eat what was at hand. My lunch box usually included:

2  large water bottles (by large I mean at least 30oz each)
1 greek yogurt
1oz of almonds
2 pieces of fruit
1 diet coke
and sometimes a granola bar
On a day that I had time I would make a salad
Not to mention any coffee that made it to the office that week

I usually had coffee and a piece of toast for breakfast if anything. Dinner was usually rice and beans, rice and lentils, or grilled chicken. Easy,healthy, fast, and affordable.

This of course made it super easy for me stay healthy and slim.

Now that I stay home.......

I have time to cook yummy delicious meals and bake yummy delicious treats.....and eat them. Don't get me wrong, we still eat very healthy. No chips or really processed foods for that matter. But...its all about moderation right. When the food is that much better....you want that much more.

So I jumped on the scale today because my size 6 shorts were feeling a little snug. Sure enough I had gained 7 pounds! YIKES! This does not seem like much...but it is enough to make your clothes feel uncomfortable.

To my credit...it has been 100 degrees outside so my walks with Parson have been few and far between.

So here is to salads, lean protein, almonds, greek yogurt, veggies, and fruit...oh and lots and lots of water. Oh and...yes...my least favorite thing... exercise.

This is going to be a challenge since we are about to be on vacation...but I know I can do it.

Here is to a healthier and clothes fit better me.

Love,

Patty


No comments: