Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Our life lately

We have been a busy bunch of people lately. This of course is the reason why I have been a bad blogger and have not written in a few days. So here is the scoop about whats going on in the Jones household:

- Aaron's boss has been on vacation. He has been working his cute butt off running a company, all while being a great daddy and hubby
- I am busy chasing around Parson, who is almost 16 months old by the way. This of course while trying to keep our home clean livable.
- We are getting ready to go on vacation. Vacation to Michigan to be with our wonderful family and friends. We are beyond excited to get back for awhile. Though the 12 hour/2 day road trip is a little much for this very consistent, likes things to go according to plan Mommy.
- We are getting our home  "market" ready. This has been daunting. Since most of the work is painting, it has to be done after Parson is in bed...aka after 7pm. We have had some late nights...but our master bathroom is looking fantastic.

Parson is busy trying to talk , communicate, and be totally independent. He communicates so well now. He still dose not say eat or drink. He says "Aaa-wuaa" (Agua) when he wants water. He walks over to his high chair and says "Up" when he is hungry. Oh and if he wants milk...he just goes to the fridge and waits for me :P  AND this is my favorite...when he is tired he says "Nuh Nite" and goes to his bedroom door. This on top of who knows how many more words.

He is running...I mean really running. He is so fast...I have to run after him. Not the "Oh come and get me and I will take really small steps really fast" run....but the "holy moley there goes my toddler" run.

Aaron and I were talking (and watching old YouTube videos of Parson) last night and we just said "Oh my gosh...he is not a baby anymore?! What the heck happened?!"

We also are having a grand ole time living off of one income. This of course was by choice and almost by need. It by far has been the best decision we have ever made...ever. Sometimes it is challenging and sometimes it is a breeze. I was having a moment of  "we are terrible parents" because so much of society has told me (us) that if our kids don't have this kind of toy, this kind of health insurance, this kind of smile, this kind of diapers...blah blah that they don't have anything. Well folks....they are wrong. We don't care if we shop at Aldis, we don't care if we shop at Goodwill, we don't mind not driving brand new cars (though one with 4 doors would be nice), and we certainly don't care if the lady down the street thinks we need to fertilize our lawn.  Guess what else? Parson does not care either.

Then you know what my amazing, supportive husband said to me? "Honey, don't worry about all that stuff. Parson has us fighting for him and loving him, and providing exactly what he needs...he doesn't need any more than that"  Inst he wise...I am one lucky gal.

Our life when it was just Aaron and I  and our life when Parson was 1 week old, 1 month old, 1 year old, and 16 months old are all so different and all so wonderful and challenging at the same time. One thing is for sure, we are absolutely crazy about each other.

Wait, did I say crazy or crazy about each other? Probably both.

Love,

Patty

No comments: