Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Toddler-ville = Frustration

So many things change with kids in their first year of life. They learn to eat, sleep, crawl, walk, laugh, and talk.

Then there is toddler-ville. The time when your baby turns into a toddler. 12 months, 13 months.....This so far has been a land of sleep defiance and discipline. Parson, who has been an "easy" baby is now a challenging toddler. He can put his mind to something and do it. Like avert naps.

We are currently re-sleep training. Morning naps are not a problem. Afternoon nap and bedtime is a different story. Parson is not nursing anymore an that is part of the reason that we are re-sleep training. (he also does not take a bottle)

I write as Parson cries...err screams for his 11 min before I go check on him. As I sit here I debate since it is so late in the afternoon if I just give up (again) on the afternoon nap and hope for the best (a not over tiered toddler at bedtime...right)

Most people will say...he is one...he no longer needs an afternoon nap. Well...not Parson. He needs that rest. He takes his morning nap at about 10-10:30 and sleeps around 2 hours. Come 2:30 he is exhausted. Rubbing his eyes, yawning, and throwing tantrums. For whatever reason, he wont take the nap. No matter what. He is dry, not hungry, and just plain tired.

I know it will get better, I know he will sleep, I know it will take time, and I know this is just a phase.

His 11 min. are up, I must go check on him and see if this nap is going to happen.

Love,

Patty

No comments: