Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

I wish I could fix it all...or do I?

"You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world"
- Woodrow Wilson

Thank you Mr. Woodrow Wilson for this insight. I write with a heavy heart, I write with empathy, I write with the want to change a lot of things.

I was busy enjoying some silence, Parson is in bed, the kitchen is clean and Aaron is still working. I should be clipping and organizing coupons and shopping lists for tomorrow...but instead I was taking my time exploring on Pinterest. I came across a pin that was titled "Celebrities are infertile to", because of the tile and the pinner, I clicked on the article and read it. This topic though I have never delt with infertility myself, there are people near and dear to my heart that have. As I read this article misty eyed thinking about all of the people in the article and all of the people I know and know of that have struggled. I thought to myself...UGH why cant I just take all the babies that people don't want and just give them to these people who want to love on them? Why cant I just make the people who want babies fertile and the ones who don't infertile?

This then lead to well why cant I just go make sure everyone in downtown Atlanta has at least one meal each day. Why cant I just go make sure every single child is being loved on and provided for properly. Why cant I go find every person that cant pay their mortgage an give them the money to get on top of it. Why cant I fund every good doing non profit organization? Why cant I make sure that everyone has the ability to go get medical attention if they need it. Why cant I just cure cancer and sicknesses, poverty, sadness, and worry?

Because I am not the Lord, nor do I want to be. All I can do is pray about all of this. Then I came across this quote:

"I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people convinced the are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference."
- Ellen Goodman

Though I cant fix it all, I can do small things. I can make sure my neighbors have meals, I can make sure that all of the children around me are loved on, I can keep giving what money we can to charity to help those who cant pay their bills,  I can support those I know why are dealing with infertility, cancer, and sadness.

Sorry for another serious post...I promise the posts will be filled with sweet pictures and updates on Parson from now on.

Love,

Patty


No comments: