Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap

Many of you have been asking if I ever made my own laundry soap after I had a Facebook conversation with lots of women about recipes, tips, and where to find thinks like Fel-S-Naptha soap. I did make the soap and boy are we happy with it! I think I invested $20 in all the supplies and I will get at least three tubs (2gallon) of laundry detergent out of it! So already I have saved dollars!

Was it easy? YES! I think start to finish clean up and all it took a total of 25min. The hardest part was grating the fel-s-naptha soap (I think its easier if you yous the citrus grater) on our cheese grater...which is plastic :s  But after I...er...Aaron got it grated I was good to go.






I got the recipie from Liz at A Part Of The Whole 

It works wonderful on all of our clothes, including Parsons. It is gentle enough on his super sensitive skin.  I am not using it on his cloth diapers, I am still using Rockin Green detergent for those.

Do I recommend this? YES, it was super easy and saves a dollar which is fantastic in my book.

Happy laundry soap making.

Patty

1 comment:

Paola said...

Where do you get all of the ingredients? I'm very curious!

Paola