Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

To cloth or not to cloth?

Its official! After lots of research and thought we are making the switch....to cloth diapers! That's right, we are taking the plunge to save dollars, the environment, and my sweet boys bottom!

We have decided to go with BumGenius all in one 4.0 hook and loop diapers. I know BumGenius are kind of a splurge in the cloth diaper world, but since Parson is in daycare we have to make it as easy as possible for our care providers. (which I still need to talk to them about this..er..transition tomorrow)

The intial cost is kind of high, well real high...but it is such a good investment. We figure after about 3 or 4 months the diapers will have paid for themselves. Which puts Parson at 13 months. So we will save some money for sure! I also purchased "gender neutral" (though I hate that term) colors so we can use the diapers again for future little babes :)

Here is what I purchased to start:

12 diapers
6 extra inserts
1 diaper sprayer
2 laundry size wet bags
2 large travel wet bags
2 small travel wet bags
1 package of Rockin Green laundry detergent

All from diapers.com with free 2 day air freight! Everything should be here Thursday, with hopes of washing and starting the cloth diapering Friday!

I know I am going to need more diapers and more inserts and a cloth diaper safe rash cream. But this is what the budget could deal with for now.

More updates to come Friday.

Patty

No comments: