Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Six months?!

Yikes has it really been six months since my last post?! Time sure does fly when your having fun!

Parson is nearly 10 months and is on the brink of being mobile! He can get on his hands and knees and then thinks  "well now what?"  I thank God every day for his and my Aaron's health and that he has blessed me with two wonderful boys (er men)!

To my dismay I am still working full time. But we make the best of it and know that God has a plan for us and right now this is it. We know that he has our interest in mind, even if its not what I think is best. I am still working on this part of my faith.:)

Speaking of contentment! A dear friend of mine sent me a email this week with some verses and quotes about being a content wife and mother. The email really got me think about why I am not content with my life and decisions. I came to the conclusion that I am trying to please others and not God in my life.

This whole ordeal made me re think everything I do and why I do it, past, present, and future. Here are a few instances that I thought out:

Why I  want to be a stay at home mom

I have wanted to be a stay at home mom for as along as I can remember. Not because I think its the easy way out and not because I think it is glamours...because it is the exact opposite. SO many people have told me that it is not realistic and that "people " don't do that any more. I desire to be a stay at home mom so I can parent they way that I believe is right. So I can raise my son and build my family up on faith in daily life. So I can cloth diaper to save money and the environment. So we can eventually home school so we know our children are getting the education that we feel is best, based on faith and building character. So I not someone else can watch our children grow and nurture them along the way.

Why I believe and want natural child birth


I  believe in natural child birth. Why? Because that is they exact reason that God built my body for. I was upset for a long time that the birth if Parson was not natural. Why was it not natural?  Because I was not educated enough and because I was way to influenced by those around me. Everyone told me..."don't do it" "that's silly" "just get the epidural, just get the epidural." and in the mist of the most vulnerable time of my womanhood...I caved to those around me instead of relaying on the Lord for my strength.  Because of the lack of  support...I have really considered becoming a doula to make sure all women know that they can labor and deliver a child naturally.

Those are just two of the most "controversial" things that are most influenced by others and in 2012....things are changing for our family. We are going to do what we think is best for our family and pray about every decision that we make.

So whats next? I am always researching ways that I can work from home. I am currently looking into blogging (I know I will have to update more than every six months ;)  ), a in home daycare, and becoming a certified Doula, and cutting expenses (more to come on that). We are praying over everything we do...and I mean everything, what we eat, how we parent, over our home, and finances...everything.  We are getting closer to the Lord be doing devotions individually and as a family.

I will keep you posted on what the next adventure in the Jones home is....most likely next is going to be having a crawler.  :)

Love,

Patty

1 comment:

Paola said...

Patty! I love this post!!! Your feelings are totally valid and so true of how many women (including me) feel. BTW I could totally see you like a doula! you have this peacefulness and serenity about you that would work wonders!! love Paola