Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

My favorite part of the day

So often I find myself rushing through the day so fast that when I go to bed at night I cant remember half of he things I did. Now, I know a big factor to this is that I give myself about 30 seconds before I pass out of exhaustion, but mainly because I don't take the time to relish in the wonderful parts of my life. When I pondered on my day I figured out what my favorite parts of the day are...the first feeding in the morning and bedtime. Take a look below at how these two parts of the day look like for our family and you will understand why:

First feeding

6:30am- Hear Parson fussing on the monitor..."MOM! It has been like 6 hours I am starving, get up here now!"
6:31am- I (still half asleep) find my way up the stairs in to Parsons' room. I see two little blue peepers looking over the bumper and then a big toothy grin saying "Good morning Mommy!" The Parson nurses.
6:50- I sit Parson on my lap and this is the conversation we have, whispering back an fourth his cheek against mine.

Me: Good morning baby
Parson: ba
Me: ba ba?
Parson: BA!
Me: ka?
Parson: KA!
Me: Where is dada?
Parson: daaa daa?
Me: Mama!
Parson: daa daa 
Me: No, i'm mama
Parson: DaaaaDaaaa!
Me:......lets get you dressed :) Someday we will figure the mama thing out.
 
Bedtime

Fist we give Parson a bath...though somehow I get a shower in the midst to. After we dry both of us off, and Parson gets jammies on we read two stories and Parson nurses. While Parson nurses Aaron prays for our family, Parson, and any other prayer requests that we have. Then he comes over and kisses Parson on the head and whispers "love you buddy" and kisses me on the forehead and says "love you mamma"

In the midst of our crazy days these moments are what make me remember the story about Nehemiah, when he looks down at his messenger and says "I am doing a good work, I cannot come down" (Nehemiah 6:3) It is true, we are doing a good work and we cannot come down. Even though life throws curve balls and the world likes to tell us what is most important, we know what is most important our Faith and our Family.

So sorry folks, we will not come down for anything. 

Patty



No comments: