Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Quinoa Power Bowl with Cilantro Lime Drizzle

Im taking a quick break from writing about Wyatts journey to share this recipe with you guys!

A few weeks ago I jumped on the power bowl/smoothie bowl trend. I don't consider myself a "trendy" person at all, ask any of my friends they will attest to my confidence in my "uncool-ness". That being said, I do love a good food trend...mostly because I love good food.

SO, power bowls and smoothie bowls (appeared) to be easy to make and filled with all the yummy things that I eat on a regular basis anyway. As well as something I could throw together and eat quickly. I am very guilty of just eating the last two chicken nuggets left over from the kids. (There is a post coming on that too!) I was perusing Pinterest and came across a few recipes that looked great. I went to the grocery store (without a list, see fail below) and was prepared to buy all the things I would need to make some delicious meals.

I got home and unpacked all the groceries that I bought just to realize I had a ton of yummy delicious things...all of them being an ingredient for one or the other recipe but not the ingredients for a complete recipe. (should have brought that list)

Armed with confidence I tried anyway...this is what I ended up with.


It looked delicious, so naturally I posted a picture on Instagram, grabbed a diet coke and took my first bite.

Hmm I thought. Its not terrible. I could eat the cilantro lime drizzle on a spoon without anything else. Sweet potato, perfect. Tomatoes great. The quinoa and the spinach arugula mix....not good. It was bitter and had a super strange texture. ALSO. I added Tofu. Oddly enough the tofu was delicious....not delicious on a power bowl.

Lesson learned with the power bowl thing. Keep it simple with like flavors...don't just throw what you have in the bowl. Unless you like strange textures and bitter greens.

It was not a total fail...the cilantro lime dressing is to die for! Ill share that recipe with you guys below because its life changing. Eat it on everything...you won't be sorry.

Bon appetit!

Patty


Cilantro Lime Dressing

1/4 C Plain greek yogurt
1/4 C Chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1/2 a lime
A pinch of salt, pepper, and chili powder
A squirt or two of Sriracha (I added this, it wasn't in the original recipe from Spoonfull Of Flavor)


Blend until smooth and enjoy! 




No comments: