Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A change of pace

Ive been gone for a long time. With two very cute and time consuming reasons to blame...

Wyatt 9 months

Parson 3 1/2 years


This blog has been primarily about the doing of our everyday life and about our two adorable boys. This blog is about to have a little change.

After I gave birth to Wyatt and I was around 6 weeks postpartum. I started heading to the gym and running with by best friend. We were hardcore. We pushed through injuries and kept on going and getting better and better. Heck, we actually started to like running! I dropped all my baby weight thanks to my diet, exercise and breastfeeding.

Summer rolled around and our schedules got busier then our little family bought a home. Our time was consumed with parties, house shopping, packing, vacations, and moving. Needless to say diet and exercise got put on the back burner. Boy, I can tell. 9 pounds later I'm feeling a whole lot less motivated.

Before the craziness of the summer hit, I signed up to become a beach body coach. I ordered PiYo (a mix of pilaties and yoga) an at home work out that kicked my butt. I loved it. But we all have our struggles.

At the time I was dealing with Wyatt being super sensitive to dairy and eggs. So, that meant no dairy or eggs for me since we were elusively breastfeeding the time. That made a diet hard. Lots of carbs, meats, and peanut butter ;) That also meant I could not drink Shakeology which was part of the beach body plan. ( No worries folks its not like slim fast, its just mix you toss in your smoothie for an extra boost of nutrients and protein).

Now that Wyatt is not as sensitive to when I have dairy and eggs, my diet has freed up again! Parson is in school a few hours a week and thats ample time on those days for me to squeeze a workout in. Who knows maybe ill brush off my running shoes and go for a run this week with my running buddy.

Anyway, this blog is going to be my diary. My tell all about my journey to a healthier life...not a smaller number. In fact. We aren't even going to talk numbers here. We are going to talk about how I feel, how my workouts are getting "easier" and how my clothes fit. Because ladies (and gents) your more than a number. You are worth a healthier life...and I am discovering that I am to.

My beginning goals are:

Workout 5-6 days weather its walking, running, PiYo or whatever...something
Feed myself (it seems like a no brainer, ask any parent they will understand)
Feed myself nutrient dense food. Feed myself as well as I feed my kids. (you'll also see what I feed my kids daily to. It about a healthy family for me..not only me)

Get ready for lots of food shots, sweaty post workout shots, a touch of cuteness from the boys and probably a whole lot of complaining at first. Join me if you want or just sit back and watch.

Oh and feel free to send me a note of encouragement because...I like brownies ;)

Patty

1 comment:

Megan Kleinheksel said...

oooh yeah! I'm excited to see your posts!! :) I really need to get back into it too. I went on a run a few times this spring/summer and had a goal of running a 5K this coming spring, but I don't think that will be happening. At least, not yet. I'm hoping that by reading about your journey, that it will inspire me to continue pushing at mine... to get healthier (and, to loose those pounds! even if it isn't about the number).