Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

3 days in!

So I am on day 3 of this challenge group that I am apart of. So far its been going pretty good...despite the mini candy bars hanging out on top of my fridge for trick or treaters this weekend.

I have been drinking the Shakeology at least once a day. I'm trying to find a recipe that I like. I mean its not the worst tasting thing ever, but it takes some getting used to :) I love eating healthy food, it feels good. So that part is pretty easy. Again, except for the stupid candy bars on top of my fridge and I won't lie. Monday and today I have had 2 mini kit kat bars. I know its not the end of the world...but still.

About that halloween candy. I always battle with Halloween. I mean its so fun for Parson to get dressed up and go get "treats". I always have a variety in my bowl to pass out. It usually is candy, glow sticks, and temporary tattoos. You would be surprised how many kids pick the glow sticks and tattoos over candy.

So what do I do about all the "junk" that Parson gets in his bag? Well the last two years I have just been swapping it out with stuff I "want" him to eat. I don't think that is going to work this year. My plan for this year is let him go trick or treating, let him enjoy candy (an acceptable amount) on Halloween. Then the next day he will have an option. He can trade his candy for a new set of legos or 2 trips to the aquatic center. Then the candy will go to work with daddy and all the grown ups there can enjoy it :) I will stills swap out a few thinks like my favorite go to lolly-pops for him.



We will see how it goes. What do you think he will choose? Legos or the aquatic center. I am torn, those are two of his favorite things. I am excited to see what he chooses.

Workouts have been going pretty good. I still love PiYo and boy my arms are sore still from Monday! Today one of the coaches in the challenge group decided that our challenge for the day was to do 10 squats every time we had to use the potty. Let me tell you, when you are trying to drink at least a gallon of water each day and you have had two children....you have to use the bathroom a lot. So its 3:59 and I have done 50 squats today.

Here are a few pictures from the first few days...


Breakfast day one! Coffee, Steel cut oats with raspberries, banana and a drizzle of raw local honey

These came in a 4 pack. I LOVE them. This is the only one I ate. Parson as since then eaten them.


Day one workout! PiYo hardcore on the floor. Wyatt literally laughed at me the ENTIRE time.

Chocolate Raspberry Shakeology breakfast day 3

Parsons lunch on day 2. Turkey and hummus roll up, green pepper, sliced apples, and baby carrots

Lunch day 2! Meijer has delish ready made salads with berries and pecans! You don't even need dressing.

50 squats in

I told you I would sprinkle some cute. ;)

Now, on to my workout for today. Wish me luck!

Patty



2 comments:

Megan Kleinheksel said...

Aww man! I typed a comment and it appears that it did not post. You are awesome!! Way to go girl! Hope today's work out went well for you. Do all the challenge groups involve 10 squats when you go potty? Mine did that in the first week too. Lol.

Unknown said...

Name: BroadBase Media
Your email address: affiliates@broadbasemedia.com
Subject: Working together.


Message:
Hi,

We manage the Affiliate Program for several websites that we think may be a great fit for you and your audience. These sites include www.ergobaby.com, www.orbitbaby.com and www.skyniceland.com.

Please let us know if you would have some time to chat, or shoot us an email and we can discuss further.

Thank you in advance

Marc