Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Third trimester - Pregnancy Update

Its here! Its here! My third and final trimester with babe inside is here! I did not think it would ever come. I have had a stellar easy pregnancy...until now.

What morning sickness or food aversions I didn't get in the first trimester are here and showing their ugly faces now. Even though I may feel yucky its such a fantastic sign of a beautiful little life growing inside of me.

Thankfully I have been able to compile a list of foods to avoid to avoid the yucky feeling:

Anything sweet...thats right cookies, cake, ice cream, even yogurt and coffee creamer. I just cant do it. I was at a birthday party this weekend and had a small slice of cake and ice cream. Car pooling with one of my dearest friends...I did not want to puke all over her car...but I was almost sure it was going to happen. Thankfully I made it home and a nap rid of the yucky feeling.

Tomatoes/Tomato soup...which is almost more sad than losing sweets. I think its the richness of the soup that does me in.

My staple meals and snacks have been:

Seltzer water
Salad with hard boiled eggs and sunflower seeds
Toast with avocado
Hard boiled eggs
Life cereal
Grilled cheese
Bananas
Grapes
Raw veggies like cucumbers, carrots, orange bell peppers
Milk
Tea
Broth like soups (veggie, stew, ect)
Black bean quisdillas

My body changed so quickly this pregnancy...I didn't really grow faster but my hips widened months earlier than they did with my first pregnancy. I was able to wear most of my own pants with a hair band well into the third trimester with Parson. Well those pants have been long gone for quite a few weeks now. Sheerly because my hips have grown.

I gained 32 pounds with Parsons pregnancy and I am on track to gain the same amount give or take 5 pounds which is comforting that little brother and I can both stay healthy.

I am not nervous at all for labor and delivery this time, probably because i've done it before and know kind of what to expect. Lots of braxton hicks help me remember that my body will be practicing for a the next 12 weeks :)

Besides feeling tired and the beginnings uncomfortable I am so thankful to have reached this far and am more than happy to deal with these small no fun parts of pregnancy to have a sweet boy in my arms in just a few more weeks!

5 weeks

27 weeks 5 days

Its pretty amazing what a womans body can do. :)

Patty






No comments: