Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Baby Brother!

Baby brother! Baby brother! Baby brother!

We found out last week that we are in fact having another son! Which we are so excited about. Sure it would have been fun to have a little girl, but have you been around a little boy lately? They are so fun and he and Parson can be best buds.

We are keeping baby brothers name a big surpise until he is born. Which is January-ish, it could be the begging or it could be the end, who knows. What we do know is he is a good grower just like Parson was. He is already measuring almost two weeks ahead of schedule. This surprised me because my belly is measuring right on track. Looks like we are going to have a big strong baby!

Parson is ecstatic about is brother (for now). He asked me yesterday if he could play with baby a brother and I had to explain to him that baby brother had to stay in mommies belly for awhile longer to keep growing... Then he told me that it made him sad that he could not play yet. So sweet.

Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous to have two little boys, two little boys who are both still dependent on Mom and Dad for almost everything. Yes, I know the first few weeks are going to be hard with a up all night babe who is going to want to nurse all the time. I know I am going to be tired,  healing, recovering, and trying to balance a almost three year old and a newborn. But I also know its a season. I also know that they won't be little forever and they won't be 100% dependent forever so I am going to do my very best to enjoy every sleepless stressful moment. I guess because this is my second child I kind of know what to expect just x10 with a tot.

Honestly, I am more terrified about being in my third trimester in just 7 weeks, being tired and being over pregnant. Luckily it will be winter by then a and the holidays will keep us busy and a schedule of play dates and Mommy and Parson dates will keep us busy and my mind on my biggest little boy.

I am preparing as much as possible now for this new babe. Getting his nursery set up, clothes, and cloth diapers washed. Preparing my body for birth and nursing is top on this list to. The more I get done now the less I have to worry about at the end.

Thankfully we have almost everything we need for baby brother. Some warmer clothes and doubbles      of things Parson is still using and basic nursing supplies.

Aaron and I were laughing a few days ago when I opened the very small freezer on fridge in our rental home. I said, we are going to need a chest freezer, and he said why? Well I responded there is no room for breast milk in here. Good thing we realized this way ahead of time!

Until baby brother arrives we will be preparing and playing with Parson a whole lot. Enjoying every moment we have with our fabulous first before our hearts (and hands) double.

I am so excited to enjoy these two boys soon and I can't wait to see the cuteness (and naughty) these two are going to have for their Mom and Dad.


Patty

No comments: