Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas, Xmas, Holidays, Gifts or CHRISTmas

I was listing to the radio today when Parson and I were running some errands. When I have Parson in the car I am pretty selective about what music I play. Its either my go to favorite radio station 104.7 The Fish or some sort of kids music CD.

Today we were listing to the radio. This christian radio station plays Christmas music from Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas...which I LOVE. Today they asked the listeners a question "Do you tell your family and significant other what you want for Christmas, drop subtle hints, or just trust them." All ready I knew where the listeners were going to go with it and I was already getting kinda bugged.

People called in and said things like;

 "I write my husband a list and if I don't get whats on that list...then...well he knows to get whats on the list and nothing else"

"You know men only have the ability to remember what you tell them for a few days....so you have to write a list or you will never get what you want"

"I just buy my gifts for myself and wrap them, put them under the tree. The only person who is surprised on Christmas is my husband...and that is  because of how much I spent."

Now don't get my wrong...I am guilty, guilty, guilty of forgetting the true meaning of the season and get caught up in Christmas cards, gifts, and decorations. But the Lord was really teaching me something today.

A few things that came into my head were;

 "Wow...I hope I never sound that ungrateful for anything that Aaron  gives me"
"I hope I don't say things like that to dis-honor my husband that way"
"Dang Patty....you need to remember the real reason for this season"

So I pulled out my bible and started reading...which I am guilty of not doing enough of recently. This is what
I found...

Isaiah 9:6


For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Luke 2:8-14


Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold,[b] an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will bethe sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
14 
“Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”[c]




Psalm 98:4-6

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.




My challenge to myself is to enjoy this season and all of its blessings...but to take time every day and reflect and study and give thanks for the true meaning of this season. Wont you take the challenge to?

Patty




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome. <3 Spread Christ's love by following His true message of love this CHRISTmas season!