Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor-Less Day

I love family time. I love spending all day with my family...I don't mind if its in the house or out and about. As  long as I am with them, I am happy.

This of course is one of the reason I love Labor or what I call Labor-Less day weekend. I spent the whole three days with my family! Don't be fooled ladies and gentlemen, you don't need lots of money to have a blast out and doing things with your family. In fact, this whole weekend we spent $1.56 on our outings.

On Saturday we spent the day around the house, we did go grocery shopping which is an event in itself because we have a toddler, mommy, and daddy that are trying to get everything on the list, man the calculator to stay on budget all while keeping said toddler entertained.

On Sunday we had lots of fun. We started attending the 4:30pm service at church so we have the whole day to ourselves! After Parsons morning nap we decided we wanted to go on a picnic at the park, but it was 88 degrees outside. So we took the next best thing, the mall. We packed our picnic lunch and drove to the mall. We ate our lunch at the mall food court and then let Parson run his wiggles out at the indoor mall play park.


Picnic Lunch!

Climbing the airplane
Note the nifty jingle bells on his right ankle :) 


We left the mall in time for Parson to catch is afternoon nap and then headed to church. It was another fantastic sermon on family dynamic and how our actions effect all our loved ones around us. You can hear all the sermons at www.futurefamily.org.


Monday (today) was our bonus Labor-Less Day weekend day. We did the same thing as on Sunday, packed a picnic and headed to the mall. We ate our picnic lunch and spoiled ourselves and bought a cookie to share (that's were the $1.58 came in). We ended the afternoon by spending time with our wonderful small group from church.



Parson: "Mom! I am going to jump ship"
Me "Ahhh! Don't jump! (runs frantically to catch)

"Dad...please with the pictures...I am playing here"


At Old Navy "Hum, I wonder if that comes in 24 months"


Love,

Patty




No comments: